- PERFECT FOR ALL KINDS OF ORCHIDS
- FOR EPIPHYTIC AND TERRESTRIAL ORCHIDS
- EASY AND READY TO USE
- HIGH QUALITY POTTING MIXES
- EXCELLENT FOR ALL BEGINNERS AND HOBBYISTS
- RECOMMENDED BOOKS - Orchids by J. Dunmire; Ultimate Orchids by T. Sheehan
Orchids take nutrients from the potting mixes as it slowly breaks down. The finer the potting mixes you use, the faster the nutrients are released. As those particles decay they also tend to pack together, reducing air spaces and thereby slowing drainage. Fine grades are used for seedlings or small plants with fine roots, they are also combine with other ingredients to make up mixes for terrestrial orchids such as cymbidiums and paphiopedilum. Larger grades are used for mature plants. The larger air spaces between orchid mix fragments ensure excellent drainage; however, bark slow rate of decay means that the medium furnishes little nourishments, so frequent feeding is necessary.